Michael Boone is the founder of Boone Wealth Advisors, LLC, which traces its origins back to the start of his self-employed finance career in 1985.
Mike has been featured on national television several times sharing his financial perspectives on CNN, ABC News Tonight and several regional stations. He has been interviewed on many local and syndicated radio shows across the United States and Canada. In print, his perspective and interviews have appeared in publications including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, AP, Reuters and The Chicago Tribune. The Hindustan Times, Kiplinger Retirement Report, Bloomberg Personal Finance and Consumer Reports among many others.
Mike graduated with a BA from the University of Puget Sound with majors in both Business and Psychology. He is a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP™) licensee and a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA® ) charterholder. Michael has continued his education with professional finance and management courses at several business schools and universities including:
- • The Sloan School of Management at MIT in Boston
- • The School of Management at Yale
- • The Booth School at the University of Chicago
- • The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Chicago
- • The Anderson School of Management at UCLA
- • The Master of Science Program at the College for Financial Planning
- • The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
- • The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Mike’s charitable interests include serving widows and orphans and encouraging people to connect with people who have different life experiences and with the natural world. Michael has been recognized nationally among financial advisors by Invest in Others for his charitable efforts. Together with his wife Elizabeth, the Boones funded the construction of an orphanage in southern Zambia. The Boones have led dozens of people on international trips of service and education, and they sponsor and operate a family nature camp.
Mike’s hobbies include hiking, travel, writing, photography and motorcycle riding.