What a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ can do for you.
Draw up a complete financial statement and help set goals
Before a trek or expedition, an expert nature guide begins by evaluating who he will be leading into the wilderness, including their strengths, goals, abilities, and points of concern. Similarly, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ performs a comprehensive financial analysis specific to you. Specialized training and experience enable the analyst to ask all the right questions to help you define and outline your personal goals.
Analyze relevant aspects of your current financial picture
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ understands that your financial situation has many moving parts (assets, income, insurance, taxes, business interests, wills, etc.). They are trained to hold your objectives and lend scrutiny and analysis of your finances in view of your making those objectives attainable.
Identify weaknesses and recommend improvements
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner's objective is to design a strategy which will weather any perceived or potential weaknesses in your financial outlook, and provide specific recommendations to help you pursue your financial objectives in a more streamlined and effective way.
Coordinate and implement your plan
Any financial plan, no matter how impressive or well-designed, is worthless unless it is implemented. A good CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner ensures that all the elements of your action item checklist are set into motion, that the work of specialists - such as your attorney or accountant - are coordinated on your behalf, and that the desired effects of the plan are realized. Comprehensive financial planning generally begins at $1,500, with more complex cases starting at $2,500. The fee covers one year of new scenarios, clarifications and updates.
Financial Planning Services and Capabilities
Comprehensive Financial Plan
We provide a variety of financial planning and consultation services to individuals, families, business owners, and other clientele. Our most popular service is our Comprehensive Financial Plan because it addresses many client questions, provides great value, and outlines a firm direction for our client’s future.
We provide an analysis of the client’s current situation, goals, and objectives, and we deliver sound advice in a face-to-face meeting. Along with the extended plan report, clients receive an abbreviated ‘action item’ checklist that provides clear directions for implementing the plan’s findings. Planning or consulting includes one or more of the following areas: Personal Goal and Financial Planning, Net Worth Analysis, Investment Planning, Retirement Planning, Education Planning, Personal Tax Planning, Charitable Planning, Corporate Structure, Real Estate Analysis, Mortgage/Debt Analysis, Insurance Analysis (including Life, Disability, and Long-Term Care), and Estate Planning. Boone Wealth also offers analysis on maximizing Social Security and/or pension benefits. Please see further details of specific planning topics below.
Our Comprehensive Financial Plan pricing is based upon the scope of work involved and the experienced CFP® practitioner that you work with. Generally, comprehensive plans fall between a $2,000 to $4,500 fee range, with the higher range most often reserved for more complicated situations such as business ownership, multiple real estate properties, complex cash flow situations, or a large number of investment accounts. We advise all planning clients to check with their employer for any incentive programs that may cover a portion or all of the financial planning cost.
Ongoing Financial Planning Service
$95/ month. Our ongoing planning service keeps our clients in touch with us for tracking their financial progress, making life decisions and coaching through your financial life. Included in the service is modular financial analysis as needed (college planning, insurance analysis and goal funding), annual financial planning review meeting, a WealthVision subscription to track your assets and liabilities automatically, and 2 hours’ worth of advice throughout the year.
• $1,000 fee - Building Ahead for Retirement – Focus on the fundamentals to get you on track, your saving goals, and an investment plan to plan forward for your financial independence. This service helps address two questions – Am I on the right path? What should I be doing to plan ahead for retirement? Typically for ages 20’s to 40’s.
• $2,000 fee - Comprehensive Retirement Planning – This is our most in depth retirement planning service to prepare you for success in retirement. We factor in your current financial standing, your goals and dreams, your debt plan, your optimal retirement lifestyle, utilizing Monte Carlo simulation, and multiple scenarios so you receive an professional viewpoint of what you need to do to get across the finish line. Two primary questions are addressed – When can I retire? Should I retire? Most suitable for ages 45-65.
• $1,500 fee - Retirement Income Planning – A master blueprint for what your first 10 years of retirement living looks like. We show you how to work towards maximizing your Social Security, defined benefit plans, and how to position your portfolio to support you for your retirement living years. Strong emphasis is placed on pursuing tax efficiency. The primary questions addressed are – How do I retire? Where do I draw money from? This service is most useful if you are retiring within 2 years or you are currently retired.
• Healthcare Insurance – Before and after age 65.
• RMD Requirements – What happens at age 70 ½ and later.
• Tax Analysis – What am I paying and what should I expect to pay in retirement?
• 401k Recommendations – Are you invested in alignment with your goals and risk tolerance?
• Social Security Analysis – What is the best choice for your situation?
• Pension and Survivorship Analysis – Considering your financial position and personal goals, what option should you choose?
• Roth Conversion – Is it beneficial to me for the long term?
• Type of Retirement Account – Am I taking advantage of the best plan? Are there other accounts I should use?
• Monte Carlo Simulation* – This analysis looks at the probability of your money lasting through different environments (varying levels of returns and inflation)
• Retirement Income – Do you have a funding gap and how best to fill the gap?
• The RV life or maybe it is traveling abroad – Let’s design your retirement
• Long-Term Care – Do you have a plan?
Investment Planning• $2,500 fee - Portfolio Analysis – Know how you’re invested, assess strengths & weaknesses, and discover what is missing. Including a personal risk assessment and Morningstar in-depth portfolio reporting. No specific investment recommendations given in analysis. Investment proposal provided complimentary.
• Stock Option Analysis – Is it a good deal? Understand how leverage affects your returns. Concentration risk.
• Concentrated Stock Analysis – Opportunities to diversify your holdings with or without realizing capital gains.
• Annuity Analysis – Are they right for your situation? What is the cost and benefit?
• Defined Contribution Plan – Evaluate potential options. Important for small business owners.
• $1,000 fee - Net Worth Analysis – What is your net worth? Do you have enough liquidity? Are your assets balanced?
• $1,000 fee - Accumulation Goals – Plan ahead for a major purchase, such as home, boat, car, or vacation home.
• Ratio Analysis – Take a look at your personal ratios and find out if you are financially fit.
• Liquidity Analysis – Given your debt, do you have sufficient liquidity to protect yourselves?
• Action item Checklist – Part of a comprehensive plan. This tells you what to work on immediately, what should be accomplished within this year and what can be set aside to work on in the future.
Tax Planning Strategies• $1,000 fee - Tax Opportunities – Find out if you are maximizing your tax benefits.
• Tax Obligation – Do you know what to expect for your taxes for the current year?
• $1,500 fee - Tax Analysis – Would knowing your future estimated taxes (looking out years ahead) affect what you do this year? This information can open multiple planning opportunities.
• Tax Minimization – How can I reduce my tax cost?
Estate Planning Strategies• $1,500 fee - Trust and Estate Review – Find out if you are subject to estate taxes. Understand the process of asset flow in the event of your death. Review necessary documents.
• Generational Planning – Plan a legacy for your heirs and future heirs.
• Beneficiary Planning – Ensure designations are correct. Review and alter as needed.
• Estate Settlement – Assistance with asset retitling, annuity claims, and money movements.
• Gift planning – Reduce your taxable estate and build a legacy.
• $1,000 fee - Retirement Community Analysis – Compare living options as it relates to your financial plan. Assess buy-ins, monthly dues, and ancillary costs.
• Receiving an Inheritance – Assess your plan and priorities upon receiving inherited money or windfall.
• Charitable Planning – Structure your estate to accomplish your charitable wishes and receive tax benefits.
College Planning• $250 fee* - College Planning Analysis – Find out what pace you are on to meet your college savings goal. How much additional is needed to save? *for up to two children, $100/child thereafter.
• What are the pros and cons of different college saving vehicles?
• Find out the cost for your child(ren) to attend any specific college or university.
• How to factor in if you are paying private tuition now for your college planning goal(s).
Insurance Planning• $1,000 fee - Life – Provide for the ones you love after your passing.
• $750 fee - Disability – Guard against financial insecurity during difficult health times.
• $750 fee - Long Term Care – Protect your family and finances through a challenging life stage.
• Business (key person) – Know that all you’ve worked for, will be protected should a key partner pass.
Debt Analysis• Debt Planning – Are you on a effective path to pay off your debt? Should you accelerate debt payoff? How much to keep in savings vs. paying off debt?
• Mortgage Analysis – Find out if you should invest extra cash flow or pay down your debt.